[clug] [UNCLASSIFIED] SuSE 9.x CD sets?

Michael James Michael.James at csiro.au
Wed Nov 2 00:30:08 GMT 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:53 am, Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a convenient source
> of SuSE 9.x CD sets in Canberra?

Pardon me querying the question but why 9.3?
OpenSuSE 10 is out and getting good reviews.
And do you really mean CDs?
DVD is more complete and convenient.

That said, If you want to buy SuSE go to
 http://www.lsl.com.au/index.php?cPath=22&sort=2a&page=2
 http://www.elx.com.au/cat/software/suse

Full bought 9.3 used to cost $160
  (2 DVDs, 5 CDs, Admin manual, User manual)
Or $100 buys all but the Admin manual.

You can get a burnt SuSE 10 DVD for $15 from LSL
 or SuSE 9.3 DVD reduced to $7.50
These are single sided DVDs and don't have all the packages.
They are either i386 or x86_64.

There is a full (supported) Suse 10 available for $100.
(1 Dual Layer DVD, all packages, 32 and 64 bit, 5 CDs, User manual)

If you just want a copy (perfectly legal) I could burn you one.
CD or DVD?  9.3 or 10?  32 or 64 bit?

michaelj

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166

No matter how much you pay for software,
 you always get less than you hoped.
Unless you pay nothing, then you get more.