[clug] Odd Problem

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Sun May 29 12:20:49 GMT 2005

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 08:39:48PM +1000, Paul Matthews wrote:
> G'Day All,
>
> Now this odd problem has been bothering me for quite some time, but I
> cannot seem to resove it.

Well, check a few simple things:

1. Does /proc/interrupts show any conflict
2. What about the using_dma and unmaskirq settings on the drives (hdparm)
3. types of hardware/memory/video card in your computer

It seems to me you are causing a small lockup, like you said, and the
only way I know to do that is leaving unmaskirq off on a hard
disk/cdrom. Or some conflict somewhere...

Hope this helps,

--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/