[clug] Debian testing and IPv6

Michael James Michael.James at csiro.au
Fri May 27 02:41:48 GMT 2005

On Fri, 27 May 2005 10:27 am, Bob Edwards wrote:

> I decided to disable IPv6 as follows
> (with thanks to Stephen Rothwell):
> >
> edit /etc/modprobe.d/aliases and change the line that says:
>
> alias net-pf-10 ipv6
> alias net-pf-10 off
>
> Note that you may then need to reboot as you apparently can't disable
> IPv6 on a running 2.6 system.

A SuSE list suggestion was to put the line
	 install ipv6 /bin/true
 into /etc/modprobe.conf.local

In SuSE modprobe.conf.local is included at the end of modprobe.conf
 and works around the config-lost-in-an-update problem.

I'm keen to find the cleanest way to disable IPv6.
Having requests appearing on IPv6 interfaces causes them either
 to fail unexpectedly (a zone transfer from a DNS slave)
 or succeed unwantedly.

michaelj

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166

Internet Explorer is fine for downloading Firefox,
 but after that....