[clug] Help to find adsl

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Tue May 24 14:49:21 GMT 2005

On Tue, 24 May 2005 21:51:04 +1000 Brett Worth <brett at worth.id.au> wrote:

> If you're in a place where Transact is available then its also an option.
> They've recently introduced a new series of packages in conjunction with
> Grapevine (formerly NetConnect) which are much cheaper than they were
> before.  I've just done an upgrade:

Just a point of clarification - despite how TransACT's ads look, the same
data rates and TransACT fees ara available with all the TransACT
associated ISPs ... I would be suprised if some of them have not
complained to TransACT about the way the ads are presented.

> The only down side is that for some reason they're now filtering port 25 to
> dynamic IP addresses so I had to reconfigure the way I receive mail.
> I hate that.

Netconnect are doing that (not TransACT) and have been for quite some time
(at least for my Mother in law).

Disclaimer:  I help run one of the other TransACT ISPs - and am not amused ...
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/