[clug] Help to find adsl

Brett Worth brett at worth.id.au
Tue May 24 11:51:04 GMT 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 11:37:47AM +0200, matteo.pedani wrote:

> I look for Adsl or cable.
> Can you help me to find the right one?
> Do you know a good isp?

If you're in a place where Transact is available then its also an option.
They've recently introduced a new series of packages in conjunction with
Grapevine (formerly NetConnect) which are much cheaper than they were
before.  I've just done an upgrade:

		BEFORE		NOW
Speed		512K		1.5M
Peak Download	1.5GB		10GB
Offpeak D/L	Unlimited	Unlimited
Transact Fee	$59/m		$59/m
ISP Fee		$39/m		$29/m

This includes a phone line and a few free to air digital TV channels.
The phone means you can drop $30 off the Transact cost straight away which
make the price more attractive.

The only down side is that for some reason they're now filtering port 25 to
dynamic IP addresses so I had to reconfigure the way I receive mail.
I hate that.

--
Brett