[clug] CLUGers interested in creating a "Government LINUX"

David Collett davico at tpg.com.au
Tue May 3 08:27:11 GMT 2005

Hi Don,
I have recently written a paper on installing, configuring and hardening
an Ubuntu linux system as a desktop SOE (Standard Operating Environment)
for typical corporate environments with a particular focus on security
considerations.

This was completed as a work project for my employer, Information
Security Group(ISG) at DSD, an area of Defence, one of whose roles is it
to help educate government on matters of information security. The paper
was presented at our "ISG Technical Forum" in Canberra last week.

The paper will be published in the next few days to www.onsecure.gov.au,
an online portal for IT security matters in government which is operated
by DSD.

I am more than happy to continue this work, and contribute to the cause.
If I can call it "work" that's even better!

Thanks,
Dave