[clug] Debian Sarge or Ubuntu on the desktop?

Bunyip Redgum bunyipr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:51:04 GMT 2005

Hi,

If it suits your needs I would go with Ubuntu - it is quick and easy
to install a basic desktop and 'Just works on most Laptops.  If you
don't want Gnome, OO.o, Evolution etc, starting with the base sarge
install and adding things as you need them is probably the way to go.
I am happy with Ubuntu as my starting point (but I do have a couple of
things to sort our with closed source stuff and neither distribution
can fix them!

Bunyip