[clug] spam

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Tue Jun 7 02:32:50 GMT 2005

If you are successful and really bother the spammers they will start
targeting you.  Organised crime has moved into spamming so it's
probably not good to be targeted these days.  Also it is a big job
and other people better set up to do it are doing it.  You could try
a spamcop account.

What was the whois lookup about again?

On 2005 Jun 07 at 12:21 PM, Crosskey, Jason (DPS) wrote:

> Has anyone had a positive experience with stopping spam by complaining
> about it to relevant groups. I am not sure what to make of the info I
> got from the whois lookup below. Maybe someone can help.
>
> Server Used: [ whois.apnic.net ]
>
> 221.127.21.43 = [  ]
>   inetnum:      221.124.0.0 - 221.127.255.255
>   netname:      HGC
>   descr:        Hutchison Global Communications
>   country:      HK
>   admin-c:       IH17-AP
>   tech-c:        IH17-AP
>   mnt-by:        APNIC-HM
>   mnt-lower:     MAINT-HK-HGCADMIN
>   status:       ALLOCATED PORTABLE
>   remarks:      This object can only be modified by APNIC hostmaster
>   remarks:      If you wish to modify this object details please
>   remarks:      send email to hostmaster at apnic.net with your
> organisation
>   remarks:      account name in the subject line.
>   changed:      andycw at hgc.com.hk 20040209
>   changed:      hm-changed at apnic.net 20040212
>   source:       APNIC
>   person:       ITMM HGC
>   nic-hdl:       IH17-AP
>   e-mail:       hgcnetwork at hgc.com.hk
>   address:      2/F COSCO-HIT TOWER
>   address:      TERMINAL 8 EAST  CONTAINER PORT
>   address:      ROAD SOUTH KWAI CHUNG
>   address:      HONG KONG
>   phone:        852-21229555
>   fax-no:       852-21239523
>   country:      HK
>   changed:      hgcnetwork at hgc.com.hk 20050302
>   mnt-by:        MAINT-HK-HGCADMIN
>   source:       APNIC
> --

Kim Holburn
Network Manager,  National ICT Australia Ltd.
Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 417820641 F: +61 2 6230 6121 aim://kimholburn
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request  callto://
kholburn
Cacert Root Cert: http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=16 -> http://
www.cacert.org/cacert.crt
Aust. Spam Act: To stop receiving mail from me: reply and let me know.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD] http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/
datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961