[clug] Linux 802.11g(or b)

Paul Warren u3292467 at anu.edu.au
Sat Jul 30 16:00:26 GMT 2005

Having been frustrated by kludges that just don't work
(ndiswrapper.sf.net), and some cool stuff that isn't quite there yet
(acx100.sf.net) I'm now looking for a wireless card that is _really_
supported by linux, and will work with 64 bit kernels.  I'm guessing
that cards with (FullMAC) hermes, atmel or prism chips will fit the bill
(as they are all options in menuconfig).

So, does anyone:
 - know if these cards will work on my athlon64 with a 64bit kernel?
 - have one of these cards they'd be willing to part with for some price?
 - know where I can buy one in Canberra this week?

Cheers
--
Paul Warren
u3292467 at anu dot edu dot au