[clug] Rev Drives Anyone?

Tom.Minchin at csiro.au Tom.Minchin at csiro.au
Thu Jul 28 00:04:02 GMT 2005

I got one of those LinkSys NSLU2's with two USB2 hard disks = instant
Network Attached Storage. For $450, I have 80gig of storage which backs
itself up once a night.

The Linksys runs Linux - and can be modified (you can also overclock it
with a pocket knife).

The drives run an ext3 filesystem so if the NSLU2 fails, you can plug
them into your Linux system directly (or into a Windows system with
ExploreFS).

Tom