[clug] Unable to run some programs

Adrian Blake A.Blake at physics.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jul 26 08:26:53 GMT 2005

Last night I upgraded from Mandrake 10.0 to Mandriva LE2005.
No problems with the upgrade process.

After a little effort I can login to a KDE session. It takes longer than
what I would expect.

I can run some programs. open office, qtiplot, konquer ....

I can open a terminal window, but cannot get a prompt. just a cursor.

I had installed firefox and thunderbird in /usr/local.  Neither of which
can be run from the shortcut on the desktop or a Run command.

If I open a KDE session as root most if not all programs run.

Any suggestions as to problem or tests I can do to gain more insight.

Adrian
--
Adrian Blake
Molonglo Radio Observatory