[clug] Bizarre File Copying Problem.

Joel Plane joel.plane at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:59:43 GMT 2005

'From' computer:
Nautilus says 56GB
du says 73GB (very little variation between actual size and on-disk size)

'To' computer: (which stopped because it ran out space)
Konqueror says 72.0GB
du says 72GB

Perhaps Nautilus is a liar. Well problem solved, I just need to free up
a few GB on 'To' computer it seems. I'm not too sure why nautilus would
lie to me tho. I noticed it calculated the size pretty quickly. Perhaps
it figured it would be the same size as it was 6 months ago. Either way,
an interesting result.

Joel.