[clug] Spammers on CLUG

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu Jul 14 01:52:01 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:41:23AM +1000, Steve Walsh wrote:
> It's probably being caused by a smart spider finding
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux/ and harvesting the addresses shown on
> each post.
>
> Then again, I could be wrong, and Mr Pollock decided to sell all our
> addresses to cover the rapidly mounting wedding bills.

The list is currently run by Tim Potter (and otherS) as it is hosted on
samba.org

Tim is in town (AFAIK) and in the past when a few more spam have started
filtering through to the list he has simply tightened the spam filters a bit
and all was fine once more.

Though if you are receving individual spam iut could indeed be from someone
spidering pages or something.

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
you gotta crawl through the desert, between when you hear it