[clug] USB printer on CUPS

Brett Worth brett at worth.id.au
Thu Jan 6 09:51:46 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:21:14PM +1100, Tomasz Ciolek wrote:

>  Did you find the correct cups driver that supports that printer
>  exactly?

Pretty sure I am.

>  Also - which version of cups are you using?

I think I might have solved the problem.  I'm running 1.1.20 and there's a
patch been released as part of 1.1.21 to fix a bug described at:

	"The USB backend incorrectly reported "media tray empty" (STR #660)"
	(http://www.cups.org/str.php?L660)

It says that imagetops has to crash for this to manifest so that must be
what's happening.  I've extracted the src rpm for 1.1.20 and applied the
fix to that and its working for now.  Time will tell.

Of course if imagetops is really crashing then that's another thing.

Only 4 more sleeps 'till I can freely upgrade my SuSE 9.1 Pro to SuSE 9.2
Pro so I'll be getting upto cups-1.1.21 with that.  It hits the ftp sites
on the 10th.

--
Brett