[clug] LCA 2005 help needed

Drew Parsons Drew.Parsons at anu.edu.au
Fri Jan 7 01:43:32 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 12:14 +1100, Michael Still wrote:
> Drew Parsons wrote:
> >
> > I've got my own wifi network in Lyneham.  I haven't checked yet if it
> > reaches as far as Tilley's though... ;)
>
> How many geeks do you want using it? Seriously, I would accept donated
> access to access points in people's houses in that sort of area...

It's on 512/128 DSL.  The nominal download limit it 12GB, but only
enforced during peak traffic.

For email access, I suppose it could manage a dozen geeks easily enough.
If they want to get hardcore and download extensive source tarballs,
then I'd put that at maybe 4 people.  But I don't really know.

The main thing I suppose would be to not piss off my housemate :)
Contributions towards the monthly access fee would no doubt help in that
regard :)

Drew