[clug] transact streaming

Sam Couter sam at couter.dropbear.id.au
Wed Feb 9 10:02:51 GMT 2005

Brett Worth <brett at worth.id.au> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 02:12:37PM +1100, Nicolas Cherbuin wrote:
>
> > My router eth1 is connected to eth 2 of the ISG box, the router eth0
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^

> I think you have to move the LAN connection from the set top box to
> the second port on the router.  The STB filters the multicast so you need
> to get in before it.

First, the ISG box is the ATM bridge/modem/whatever thingy, not the STB.
Nicolas has it plugged in right.

Second, the STB seems to send the multicast stream that it's listening
to straight back out the ethernet port on the back. No idea why, but
since you can get that stream straight from the ISG
bridge/modem/whatever, it's not very useful.
Sam "Eddie" Couter  |  mailto:sam at couter.dropbear.id.au
Debian Developer    |  mailto:eddie at debian.org