[clug] Will pay money to get mythtv box working

Simon Haddon simon at sibern.com.au
Sun Feb 6 06:07:56 GMT 2005

> Hi there!

[snip]

> The system is described at http://www.mabula.net/mythtv.html, including
> listings of dmesg, lsmod and lspci, the most recent /var/log/messages and
> current modprobe.conf settings.  The cards in question are both using the
> bttv driver; one's a AVerMedia DVB-T, the other's a LeadTek WinFast 2000
> Expert (with FM radio).

You have the same tuner I have.  I have tried with all sorts of trouble to
getting it working.  Read the avermedia.txt file for some hints.  Now I
would like to tell you more but I have trashed the installation and am now
trying with FC3 and kernel 2.6.11 as the drivers are built into the kernel
now.  I do remember that I managed to get the card recognised under mythtv
but the biggest problem I found was getting xmltv with tv_grab_au working.
 It looks like grabbing TV guides in Australia is one of the hardest
things to do as they are no published freely (or so I understand).  Also
the guides for HDTV are limited which makes it even worse and the it looks
like the tv_grab_au is designed around the analogue channels from
d1.com.au.

If you like maybe we can help each other to get it working.  At this stage
I have 2 cards in my machine.  1 is the Avermedia DVB card and the other
is a WinFast A180 combo card for analogue.  This was I can get both HD and
standard or so I hope.

I have just finished building the kernel 2.6.11.rc3 and I will have to
start  installing everything else now.  So many dependencies for mythtv.
Ouch

I have to get there mind you as I have bought a machine just for that
purpose.

Cheers,
Simon