[clug] RAID 0 or LVM to join 2 disks (raid 50)

Michael James clug at james.st
Wed Dec 14 05:43:55 GMT 2005

How to make 2 (hardware raid 5) disks into 1 partition?

The 2 disk packs are different sizes and I need all the space,
 so striping across both should be the go.
The hardware  (Dell Perc3/DC) can't do raid 50,
 it only seems capable of creating 2 separate raid 5 containers.

Should I use software raid or LVM to join them?

Since I want all the space in 1 and will never subdivide it,
 my inclination was to use software raid... ?

--
Konqueror has gotten so clever for its own boots
  that it has forgotten what a web browser is for.