[clug] Autrijus in Sydney next Monday - UTS

Stephen Jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Wed Dec 7 05:14:36 GMT 2005

For anyone that's into Perl 6...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:41:15 +1100 (EST)
From: Andrew Savige <ajsavige at yahoo.com.au>
To: SyXPAC at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [SyXPAC] Call for speakers - Syxpac (Autrijus Tang speaking
    next Monday at UTS)

--- Ben Hogan <bwhogan at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have a topic for future syxpac meetings, please let
> me know.

I'm organising a talk by Autrijus Tang (visiting from Taipei).
I tried to book the ward room at James Squire, but Amber would
not accept any bookings during December because it's so busy.
So, with some help from SLUG, I got a room at UTS. Anyway, if
any Geek-nighters want to come along, they are most welcome --
though I'd appreciate it if you emailed me off list if you plan
on coming, so I can get a handle on expected numbers (the room
is limited to 25).

Details of the talk are given below.

Cheers,
/-\

On Monday 12th December 2005, fanatical open source developer
Autrijus Tang will be in Sydney, giving a talk at UTS about
his Pugs project:

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autrijus_Tang
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pugs

This talk should appeal to folks interested in dynamic or functional
programming languages and to those interested to
learn about his experiences in running an open source project
with a wiki-style test-driven development model.

If enough folks are hungry, we may dine out at a Chinese restaurant after the
talk.

Map directions to UTS:

 http://www.uts.edu.au/about/mapsdirections/citymap.html

Room details: