[clug] Clustering Filesystem

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Tue Aug 23 12:39:24 GMT 2005

At 09:45 PM 23/08/2005, you wrote:
>Hi List,
>   I have recently installed a bunch of machines on my network. Each of
>   these has a sizable hard disk on it. I am after a clustering network
>   filesystem that has the following properties:

I've done a little bit of research into this, but I haven't actually played
with any of them.  The best developed, as far as I can see, is Coda
(http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/).  It's a clustering file system that works on
the idea of local caches.  A nice touch is that it has Windows clients and
servers as well as Linux packages and source code.

Hope this helps,

Paul

SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c)1998-2004 PJW