[clug] icmp from 172.31.*.*

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Aug 18 07:37:06 GMT 2005

On 18 Aug 2005, at 16:33, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> Get upset if it's causing your billable traffic to increase.

Telstra charges by byte sent over the link, regardless of protocol.
What I had never been able to get out of them was whether they were
only counting traffic inside the PPPoE/PPPoA session.

At least you can halve the traffic charges incurred (by Telstra's own
network probing) by dropping the pings at your end. Yes they do
charge, no they won't turn it off.

Mind you, last time I had a Telstra service was getting close to
three years ago now.

Alex Satrapa             M: +61 4 0770 5332
grail at goldweb.com.au     W: http://homepage.mac.com/alexsatrapa