[clug] Does MSN 7.0 run under Codeweavers crossover?

Michael James clug at james.st
Wed Apr 27 07:49:35 GMT 2005

For my daughter, MSN is the killer app.
If there was a Linux equivalent I could wean her onto a decent OS.

But I'm not talking any 6 bit text messaging client!
Got to be MSN 7.0, being able to sent nudges is important.
Apparently.
(I mean how yesterday is the Mac MSN 6 client?)

So, is there any way of running it within Linux?
eg: Anyone got any experience running it under crossover?

If it works; buying crossover is no problem,
  I'm happy to pay (anyone but microsoft)
 anything (less than the cost of Windows).

VMware is no solution, it involves all the pain of windows
 (you have to both administer AND use it, yuk)
 with more than the usual linux pain.
( every kernel patch it's:
	su root
	cd /usr/src/linux
	make cloneconfig
	make modules_prepare
	vmware-conf.pl
	^D

	vmware  (and start to wait)
)

TIA,
michaelj

Michael James			michael at james.st
Network Programmer		work:   02 6246 5040
8 Brennan St			home:   02 6247 2556
Hackett, ACT 2602		mobile: 04 1747 4065

Give the people control of media, they will use it.
Don't give people control of media, and you will lose them.
Jeff Jarvis