[clug] Firewall distros - recommendations

Rob Bolin rbolin at webone.com.au
Mon Apr 11 21:15:43 GMT 2005

Morning all,

I'm about to upgrade from dialup to ADSL (yay finally), and I figure it would
be a good time to take another look at the distro on my firewall, seeing I
have reconfigure it any way.

Not wanting to start a distro flamewar, I'm looking for recommendations based
on recent experiences - currently I'm running Smoothwall v1.0 on a 486 with
64mb of RAM (I must admit that I'm not even sure if they are supporting 1.0
anymore - I haven't received a fix in 10 months).

So if anyone has any ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Rob
--
"Human errors can only be avoided if one can avoid the use of humans"
    -- Parnas and Clements "A Rational Design Process: How and Why to Fake it"