TV card remote [Re: [clug] Please recommend a TV Card for Linux]

Joel Plane joel at korgsit.com
Thu Apr 7 00:38:52 GMT 2005

Thankyou all for your recommendations. My patients ended up getting the
better of me and I bought the WinFast TV2000.
cx88 chipset.
It came with a remote control. I assumed the remote control would be
mainly software driven, and it is. Is there any GNU software that is
likely able to read the remote? Would there be a new device in /dev that
I could fiddle around with in an attempt to write my own remote control
handler program? Or would the remote control signal be sent thru
/dev/video0?

As I've said many time before, I'm a newbie (at least compared to the
rest of the list). And as such, I realise that I take a lot more from
this list than I'm ever likely to give - so I just want to say thanks.
So, thanks :)

Cheers.