[clug] Mail server stuff.

Paul Warren u3292467 at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 14 08:53:28 GMT 2004

I've got no idea about mail stuff.  I uses pop3 to get my mail, and my
ISPs smtp server to send.  So please apply the cluebat!

I've been asked to fix up mail things for a mates small business.

What they have is one pop3 email account that is a catchall for their
domain.  They want that to be split into different accounts locally, one
for the CEO at domain.com, one for Sales at domain.com, one for
deliveries at domain.com etc etc.

I don't really even know what this sort of thing is called, so google
isn't much help to me at the moment.

What should I be using to bring mail down, and sort it into different
pop3 accounts? something like fetchmail and exim or something?

It isn't a large network, so It will probably be happening on a
'busybox' firewall/nat box,  Debian with security updates is what I
would use.  Any other suggestions?

Prepares for Cluebat attack!
--
Paul Warren