[clug] was [Wanted] Someone to manage CLUG meetings

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 6 06:55:31 GMT 2004

Hi all,

After several years of not being on the list, I've finally gotten around
to re-subscribing!

As for this suggestion from John Telek to consider a "new approach to getting
a more rounded cross section of the community involved" - I think this is
a great idea!

Without wanting to give the impression that the ANU (specifically, the Dept.
of Computer Science in the Faculty of Engineering and I.T.) are wanting to
stop the arrangement for the location of the monthly CLUG meetings (they
don't), I think that if there is a better location, we should consider it.

So, John, what did you have in mind. Chuck us a couple of ideas to work with.

Not sure about people being put off by "the antics of it's regular members",
though. What does this mean? Are people put off by talks about Linux running
on strange hardware or something?

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.