[clug] ato gets with it (nearly)

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Fri Oct 29 14:42:34 GMT 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:28:29 +1000 Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net> wrote:

> At 01:54 AM 29/10/2004, you wrote:
> >Also, did anyone else try etax2004 under wine?  It installs and runs
> >although the help doesn't appear to work.  I was not going to trust my tax
> >return to it though :-)
>
> I'm curious - why not?  What don't you trust?  I'm interested here because
> I've used etax since it was available - back when you had to get a separate
> signed certificate file independently from getting the program.  These days
> it seems to all be HTTPS - is that not enough security?

I meant using it under wine ...  I have no idea what things could go wrong
with an untested app under wine or how much effort the author of etax went
to to detect faults or corruption in the data files that it produces and
upload to the tax office ...

Others have said that they couldn't get the upload to work under wine.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/