[clug] VoIP question

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Oct 25 11:26:45 GMT 2004

Michael James wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:28 pm, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>

>>One solution I have is to give him a USB headset/mic. Or maybe an
>>external USB sound module to plug the hs/mic into. This is much more
>>expensive than just the hs/mic (dirt cheap). Is there a cheap USB
>>device (only needs telephone quality) for this specific purpose?
>

> Yes, Microgram have a USB telephone handset, for $89 plus postage.
> It has been reviewed in Silicon chip recently.
>
> https://store.mgram.com.au/pdfs/PDS10129.PDF

I should add that after a more extensive search I did locate some
cheaper USB headset/mic setups. The Logitech USB headset 200 is the
cheapest one which I found advertised as low as AU$50. The net model
up is the 300 which is only a bit more expensive.

I now have one on order, expecting it Tue/Wed.

Some links (unchecked!)

The official site:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/EN,CRID=103,CONTENTID=6338

Some prices: