[clug] [Offtopic] Canberra based employment for kernel hackers?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Oct 21 05:30:37 GMT 2004

On 20 Oct 2004, at 18:22, Michael Carden wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 03:17 am, Michael Still wrote:
>
>> Contractor != employee. Divide by at least 2 to get employee rates.
>
> Really? So Adecco are taking *half* my pay? The scoundrels!

When hiring a contractor, the company doesn't pay:
  - compulsory super,
  - administration of payroll,
  - leave or sick days

These all add up, to the point that an employee being paid $40kpa is
actually costing the company the same as a contractor being paid the
equivalent of $80kpa.

HTH

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them."  --Isaac Asimov