[clug] spam attacker

clug at d-silva.org clug at d-silva.org
Tue Oct 12 21:45:58 GMT 2004

No, they don't. The bank gives a yes/no answer as to whether the
transaction is valid. If the card has been stolen, but not reported as
so (eg, copied in a restaurant), then the bank doesn't know that its
stolen and approves the transaction. Later, when the person gets their
statement, they see a charge they don't recognise and request a
chargeback from the bank, resulting in the merchant losing the money
(since they don't have a signature).

> bollet proof hosting, if they don't get paid?  If all
> spammers swindle them, why don't they just close sites when
> they get spam reports?

This is a circular argument, and not really addressing the issue I have
with your site. I'm also not in a position to comment on other's
business practices, I can only tell you how it is for my own.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0413 485 733
Networking Consultant      fax: 0413 181 661