[clug] IPSec Question: Connecting outling sites via single head office access point

Brett Worth brett at worth.id.au
Sat Oct 2 10:01:36 GMT 2004

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 11:52:37AM +1000, Stephen Hodgman wrote:

> Do I have to establish separate VPN links form A ==> B to do what I want?

No but you do need to establish a connection between A and H that refers to the
subnet on B. and  do the same on the B-H configuration to know about A's subnet.
In other words: tell A that B's subnet is behind H.

Once you establish the IPSEC connection from A-H for the B subnet, there will be
a route added on A's route table for B's subnet that points down the ipsec0 tunnel.

This all assumes the routers in question allow this kind on configuration.  I've
done this kind of routing with FreeS/WAN.

--
Brett