[clug] Query re Transact costs.

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 07:36:28 GMT 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:27:21 +1100, Nigel Cunningham
<ncunningham at linuxmail.org> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm starting to look at ADSL, and want to get clarification re Transact.
>
> Am I right in thinking that if, for example, I sign up with Velocity, I
> would be paying Transact their (say) $39.95 per month (current offer),
> and on top of that, paying Velocity (say) $34.95 per month for 2GB.
> Thus, I would be paying 74.95/month for 2GB broadband, telephone line
> rental, free local calls and "great long distance rates"?

Does ADSL require a line rental payment to Telstra, or is that covered
by the ADSL monthly fee?

If you make a lot of long distance or international calls I suspect
you would do even better with a third-party provider or a phonecard
than Transact.

--
Martin