[clug] Re: linux Digest, Vol 23, Issue 23

Andrew Bishop andrew at bishop.dropbear.id.au
Thu Nov 18 02:38:32 GMT 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Darren Freeman wrote:

[...]
> This is a similar problem to what happens if the machine doesn't give
> you any money but charges you anyway. Theoretically a problem but
> practically when did it last happen?

To me personally?  Last year.  It took me about 3 months of hassling the
bank before I got my money back.

To people in general?  Probably not as infrequently as you might think.
But most people consider it a small enough risk (and I haven't stopped
using ATMs, I've just become a little pickier about which I will use).

Andrew