[clug] New script based Phishing makes Windows even less safe.

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Nov 9 21:46:41 GMT 2004

On 9 Nov 2004, at 20:49, Daniel McNamara wrote:

> This is actually incorrect. Some people do lose out on money yes but
> in many cases banks *have* swallowed the loss and I know banks very
> much *do* care about this issue.

> I know it's easy to pick on banks and yes I agree the do like to make
> sure they make money over customer service in some cases this is not
> one of them (at least not in a majority of cases).

Well... someone better get onto the Prime TV news team. I don't know
about WIN, but I'm sure the reporters were stating that the losses were
becoming so high that the banks were not going to be absorbing them
anymore.

Hopefully we'll allow Darwinian selection to take place, with the rule
now being, "survival of the most cynical" ;)

Alex

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them."  --Isaac Asimov