sec: unclassified - RE: [clug] Radio in Canberra

Ellis, Peter LCDR Peter.Ellis at defence.gov.au
Mon Nov 8 22:05:22 GMT 2004

Ah...
2xx sounds VERY much like 1RPH http://www.radio1rph.org.au where the station
manager (Don) is working "above the radar" (i.e. with the committee's
acceptance) to convert many computers to Linux.

And, we already have (but not all Linux):
			- station automation (when we want it)
		- desktop Linux
			- fileserver and backup thereof
			- Cleaning up the station LAN
			- Complete transtion to new broadband link &
firewall
			- Open Source audio editing
			- in studio digital audio for things like promo
carts
			- Scheduled digital recording of satellite
syndicated content

Peter
Presenter @ 1RPH http://www.radio1rph.org.au