[clug] Anyone got any experience with MSI's MEGA 180?

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Sun May 30 06:57:03 GMT 2004

Although I have no idea about your particular board, I have one general
recommendation as a multiple-motherboard-burns victim:

***DON'T BUY MSI***

Not long ago I was building systems with MSI motherboards and the amount
of pain that junk has gotten me, combined with the amount of pain
suffered by my customers, caused me to swear never to buy an MSI again,
not even if a customer insisted on it. Even if they deserve their MSI
for asking about it, I don't deserve to have to service it, swap power
supplies, and explain to them why their system sucks. Also the
northbridge fan is unnecessary and won't survive 6 months.

Consider yourself warned.

Have fun,
Darren