[clug] Cheap ADSL providers in Canberra

Andrew Pollock andrew-clug at andrew.net.au
Sat May 29 09:48:35 GMT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 03:30:34PM +1000, Irena and Richard Jenkins wrote:
> No wish to start a flame war... REALLY!!
>
> Now that the probability of Transact cable getting into my suburb (Flynn) has
> receded to about my chance of winning the lottery I have begun to look beyond
> my dialup connection at local isp offering 256k ADSL.

[snip]

Hi,

I've been using Netspace, after churning from Telstra some time ago, and
I've been extremely happy with them. Highly reliable. They have plans that
don't have excess download charges, so if you do exceed your monthly
allowance, they just slow your connection down to a modem speed.

The one thing I like about them was that I initially switched because I
could get a higher monthly allocation than I could with Telstra, for less
dollars per month. Since I've switched, they've rejigged their plans twice,
and I now have a monthly allowance of 10 times what I used to have with
Telstra, for less money. Gotta be happy with that.

regards

Andrew