[clug] modem config problem

jan janmar at iprimus.com.au
Tue May 18 11:18:53 GMT 2004

I've just upgraded to the 2.6 series and now I can't get my modem
working.

The modem is identified with the same IO port and IRQ as it had under
the 2.4 kernel and the following command still works (unless it's
failing silently)

  setserial /dev/ttyS1 port 0xdfe0 irq 10 uart 16550A

but wvdial fails to open the device giving this error:

--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.53
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyS1: Input/output error
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyS1: Input/output error
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyS1: Input/output error

I've tried with and without udev and all my other devices work fine.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to track down the problem?

thanks.

--
jan