[clug] modem config problem

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Tue May 18 13:18:11 GMT 2004

I've seen this before, but I can't remember what caused it.

Sigh.  I guess I'm officially old now.  I'd better start writing these
things down.

I think it happened to me when I upgraded to 2.4.  Is there an entry in
the logs about some kind of lock going on or off the port?

Just a few Qs - how do you know that the modem has the same IO port and
IRQ?  Is this a PCI modem?  Onboard?  Are you using a laptop?  Why is it
on ttyS1 and not ttyS0?