[clug] [WANTED] ADSL modems

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue May 11 08:35:33 GMT 2004

Stephen Jenkin wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2004, Michael Still wrote:
>

>>Darren Freeman wrote:
>>

>>>I will soon (2 months) be getting TransACT in my area (Macquarie). Big
>>>whoop! Last suburb getting TransACT!
>>
>>Dream on. My suburb isn't even on the rollout schedule last time I looked.
>
> Do you have 'underground power' and Telstra "RIM"s? [And a promise of
> 'fibre to the kerb from Telstra?]

We're not rimmed, and I live a couple of km from the exchange, so I am
relatively lucky in Telstra land. I must say that I tend to be fairly
rude to the TransACT pushers when they try to sell me long distance in
return for a discount on connection if they every bother to run the
cable here.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,