[clug] [WANTED] ADSL modems

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue May 11 10:28:26 GMT 2004

Darren Freeman wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I will soon (2 months) be getting TransACT in my area (Macquarie). Big
> whoop! Last suburb getting TransACT!

Talking to a friend (who lives in Macquarie, I was told that this upcoming
service is not the usual TransAct cable, but an ADSL based service. He
mentiones "TransAct 2" as a reference to the service. The suggestion was
that a high bw ADSL service delivers one TV channel (the one you select)
only, then a net connection and (I think) a phone service.

Remember that ADSL is specified as 6MB, so the above story is doable.
Anyone knows what the real story is?

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>