[clug] FC2 no longer loads - black x cursor lock.

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Mon May 3 07:45:27 GMT 2004

>  The Fedora 'waiting' hourglass shows for a second, the screen
> switches modes again, and then the X cross comes up again.  At this point
> the mouse doesn't work at all, the keyboard is fine, but Alt-Ctrl-Del does
> nothing (that I can see on screen anyway).  The only way out is to reset.

Try taking the 'rhgb' parameter out of the boot command - you can do this by
hitting 'e' when the linux entry is highlighted in the grub boot screen.

I've seen a problem with the X-based boot process that fedora uses conflicting
with the X that is trying to start. I haven't looked any further into it
though.

Can you change to a text console (Ctrl+Alt+F1) ?

Jeremy