[clug] Advice needed: monitoring my ISP's speed

Brett Worth brett at worth.id.au
Mon Mar 1 04:39:33 GMT 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Simon Cousins wrote:

> I'm unsure of the best way to proceed with setting up a test though.  I
> recall a handy Linux app that graphed a wide range of performance
> characteristics on Ethernet and router ports a few years ago, but the name
> escapes me.

There was something out of Perth called etherman and netman which were
great.  I only ever saw them on Sparc and they were only ever released as
binaries.  I just googled and see that there's a similar thing called ntop.

	http://www.serra.unipi.it/~ntop/ntop.html

Not sure if its what you want though.

Brett

PGP: 1024R/27EB604F  22A9 A85A 22BD 496B 2443
                     35E5 46F7 0712 27EB 604F