[clug] Sparc 5 and Debian

Ian Matters ian at iristech.com.au
Mon Mar 1 00:35:44 GMT 2004

Hi Antti.

I have a Sparcstation 4 running Debian/SPARC with a 2.2 kernel, so the
situation may be different to yours.  I had problems getting Silo to
install correctly and as a result I reconfigued the disk layout so that
the / partition was not too big and was located on /dev/sda1.  Some of
my configuration settings follow.

Cheers, Ian Matters
<ian at iristech.com.au>
---
hotel:~# cat /etc/silo.conf
partition=1
root=/dev/sda1
timeout=100
image=1/vmlinuz
label=linux
read-only
---
hotel:~# fdisk /dev/sda

Command (m for help): p

Disk /dev/sda (Sun disk label): 4 heads, 474 sectors, 18902 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1896 * 512 bytes

   Device Flag    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sda1             0      1080   1023840   83  Linux native
/dev/sda2  u       1080      1356    261648   82  Linux swap
/dev/sda3             0     18902  17919096    5  Whole disk
/dev/sda4          1356      3568   2096976   83  Linux native
/dev/sda5          3568      5780   2096976   83  Linux native
/dev/sda6          5780     10200   4190160   83  Linux native
/dev/sda7         10200     18902   8249496   83  Linux native

Command (m for help):
---
hotel:~# cat /etc/silo.conf
partition=1