[clug] transtv streaming

Nicolas Cherbuin n.cherbuin at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 30 01:20:44 GMT 2004

I subscribe to transtv. I am likely to change my motorla settop box for an
I3 so that I can stream the tv channels through my home network.

My network consist of a linux firewall/router and a mix of windows/linux
computers.

I have read (and re-read) previous posts. I just want to know if in the mean
time people have had horror stories. For instance the I3 box according to
transact is more error prone than the motorola when it is further away from
the junction box. Is it going to affect my net connection?

Will it really be as simple as adding the routes to the various tv channels
and listening to the streams with the like of vlc (irrespective of the
operating system)?

If somebody has done it at home, I would appreciate if I could contact them
off the list for fine tuning.

Thanks