[clug] St.George Browser Based Banking Feedback

Chris Henman henman at pobox.com
Sun Jun 27 10:37:30 GMT 2004

OOps - try again.

Strange thing - coincidence.

Just yesterday I sent St George a copy of the Java error I get when sing
Mozilla 1.6 with the Java plugin.

Below is their response; strange indeed after reading the LinuxWorld
article.
Looks like there might be some small ray of hope yet though.

Dear Mr Henman

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we do not support Linux/ Unix.

The incompatibility of Linux/ Unix is an issue, which has been made
highest priority. We are currently working on a fix, so that we can
continue providing the service that customers come to expect from our
website & Internet Banking.

We are currently undergoing testing and will support Linux/ Unix when we
are confident that it is compatible with our Internet Banking.

We are working hard to ensure that our system is compatible with wider
range of Internet browsers, than those currently supported (see URL
below).
http://www.stgeorge.com.au/int_bank/about/supported_browsers.asp?orc=persona

We appreciate your patience and consideration in the matter.

If you have any further enquiries, please feel free to email me again.

With kind regards

Audi
Electronic Banking
St. George Bank Ltd