[clug] [For Sale] Novell / IBM 1-day Linux Technical Workshop

Tomasz Ciolek tmc at dreamcraft.com.au
Sat Jun 26 11:31:17 GMT 2004

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 09:10:42PM +1000, Ambrose Andrews wrote:
> Hmm..   in the presence of number 2, the equivalent of number 3 in the
> context of a mailing list is expelling a user who persists in breaking
> the rules of the list.
>
>  -AA.

That might be so, but... there is still the case that IF someone on this
list takes offence to the message and reports it to the agency
responsible for enforcement as a complaint, the agency is obliged to
take action and an investigation of that sort is detrimental to the
persons career. What the list members/management do is one thing. What
the law says and means is another.

My suggestion would be: if you know that there is a filter that list
users can turn on, simply mention it at the bottom of the email. That is
the best way to avoid problems.

On thwe whole I do not expect the membership of this list to report this
person. But there may well be a zealous anti-spammer lurking somewhere.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz M. Ciolek
 tmc at dreamcraft dot com dot au