[clug] Linux on the 12" PowerBook

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Thu Jun 24 03:33:49 GMT 2004

Dear Clugers,

I'm currently in the US and found Apple's laptops to be substantial
cheaper than they are in Germany (or Australia).  In particular, I
fell for the 12" aluminium PowerBook, but heard it's a pain to install
Linux on it.

In particular, I want to be sure that external VGA works before I make
a purchase, suspend would be nice, too.  I know, Airport support isn't
likely to happen anytime soon...  Is there a WLAN replacement for the
Aiport which is supported under Linux?

So can someone who's got this setup running share his or her
experiences with me?

Thanks in advance,
Andi.

--
(o_  Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://www4.in.tum.de/~baueran/
//\  "Well, this has sure buggered your plans for conquering the