[clug] Linux Router

Grahame Jordan gbj at theforce.com.au
Mon Jun 21 11:16:11 GMT 2004

I have found the rtl8139 cards to be slow on download.
For speed use intel cards eepro100 driver or 3COM

Test with ncftp and a 20-30MB file upload and download.
You should get ~10MBps both ways on an intel card.
On the 8139 cards I generally get ~3-4MBps download and 8MBps upload

There is a good client server program to test overall throughput
http://www.scl.ameslab.gov/netpipe/

Cheers

Grahame Jordan