[clug] Bad echo when using gnome meeting

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Jun 17 11:51:09 GMT 2004

On 14 Jun 2004, at 20:31, Michael Still wrote:

> It was actually two wireless laptops in the same room. I believe in
> pushing the technology.

I wonder if you might have better luck running the two wireless devices
on different access points, set to different channels. Then you
wouldn't have so many collisions, and the voice might have a
low-latency path to travel over.

Having said that, I've had NetMeeting (not GnomeMeeting, this was
before GnomeMeeting or even the popularity of VoIP) running a
conversation and window-sharing session over a dial-up modem (high
speed dial up modem in those days - 14.4kbps!)

Hope you manage to get it working.

"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software
  'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of
  designers and quality assurance people in its wake."
      -- 8th most commonly uttered Klingon programmer phrase